Do you want to create a unique home but don't have the money to do it? Don't worry, there are plenty of ways to add personality to your home without spending a lot of money. In this blog post, we will discuss some easy and affordable ways to make your home stand out from the rest. So whether you're looking for creative ideas for your living room, bedroom, or kitchen, read on for some inspiration!
One easy way to add character to your home is with paint. You can use paint to create accent walls, stripes, or other patterns. If you're feeling really adventurous, you can even hand-paint murals or quote signs.
An Australian paint brand that we love is Tint Paint which is Ultra-Low Odour, Anti-Microbial, Vegan, Super-Durable, 99% VOC-Free. Top coverage, no smell, super durable. Hot tip: instead of sample pots (messy!) they offer sample stickers, which are simple stickers coated with paint. Such a great idea!
Unique details and accessories
Another great way to personalise your space is by adding unique details and accessories. For example, you can buy lamps with interesting bases, purchase art from local artists, or frame family photos. We love combining our lampshades with vintage lamp bases to create a unique look.
Are you looking for a way to make your home look bigger and more grandiose without a huge makeover? An oversized mirror can do that! For example, a big mirror in the hallway is functional and chic. Oversized mirrors catch attention and make any space look lighter and brighter as the mirror helps to distribute light evenly across the room.
A live plant can add a lot of life to your home. If you want to add something special, consider a large potted plant or tree. If you get the right one, it can be the focal point of the entire room. Ditch the artificial plants: Artificial plants are dust magnets. Since they don't require maintenance to stay alive, it's easy to let them gather dust for months without noticing. Not only does this make breathing more difficult, it can also make your room look dirty. Plus, you don't get any of the health benefits of a real plant!
Some of our favourite places to find unique homewares:
- Makers market (AU) - Makers' Mrkt is an art and home decor online store and showroom based in Melbourne Australia. Makers' Mrkt offers a unique collection of ceramics, art, homewares and gift ideas made by established and emerging makers from around the world.
- Gingerfinch (AU) - This Canberra-based online homewares store curates unique and ethically-made objects produced by talented artisans from all over the globe, combining ethical designs with functional and beautifully made products.
- Hardtofind (AU) - Shop From Thousands Of Small Creative Australian Businesses. Order a Beautiful Gift from a Small Aussie Business.
- Curated Spaces (AU) - A curated marketplace full of gems. Shop for furniture and objects that are sustainably sourced and recycled from around the country. Alongside vintage pieces, Curated Spaces sell products by industry peers and collaborative designs.
- Glassette (UK) - Founded by tastemaker Laura Jackson, every object on Glassette has been thoughtfully chosen, with longevity, artistry and environmentally conscious materials and design in mind.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating a unique home on a budget. Share your favourite places to find unique objects for your home in the comments below!
Follow us on social:
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/shop.curvae/
- PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com.au/studiocurvae/
- TIKTOK: https://email@example.com
- FACEBOOK: https://m.facebook.com/curvae
- ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/studiocurvae
Featured image via Dezeen.